NOVEMBER 15, 2019
1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
BIBLICAL PRINCIPLES STUDY
Join us for an inspired Biblical teaching that explores the origins and attitudes of domestic violence and the role of the Christian community to advocate for, protect, and encourage persons affected by domestic violence.
Our study and conversation will be led by Reverend LaThelma Yenn-Batah, Associate Executive Director, American Baptist Women's Ministries.
Registration is required. There is no cost to attend Friday's session.
Find out more about American Baptist Women's Ministries by clicking on the logo below.
NOVEMBER 16, 2019
8:30 am to 4:00 pm
CERTIFICATION TRAINING OVERVIEW
Safe Haven Ministries, a national leader in domestic violence prevention programs will provide a 7 hour training program
Topics covered during training include:
• Prevention strategies
• Domestic violence behaviors
• Supporting victims & survivors
• Issues of faith and domestic violence
• Safety planning for victims & the church
• Responding to and supporting abusers
Safe Haven will work with you to create policies and procedures that support appropriate violence response and prevention. Some areas of policy include:
• Training for staff and volunteers
• How to handle disclosures of abuse
• How to respond when abuser
• How to promote healthy relationships
for adults and youth
• Practices that support primary prevention
Find out more about Safe Haven Ministries by clicking on the logo below.